Before you get started, please ensure you’ve downloaded Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Our system has been optimised for these browsers and may not perform properly on older versions of Internet Explorer.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, as without crucial information like your ABN and bank details, you won't get paid! Non-Australian sellers should pay special attention to the International Money Transfer Fee. More info can be found here.
Log into the hardtofind admin with your username and password. Here's where you'll find a useful snapshot of your store, including:
- Orders requiring your attention
- Your store statistics
- New customer messages
To set up your store:
- Click My store > Account details and check that your contact details are correct. Then click Save and continue.
- Click on the Business details tab and check that your business, ABN and bank details are correct. This is really important! Then click Save and continue. Don't forget, if you're an Australian seller and you ship your products from Australia, your business has to be GST registered for you to sell on hardtofind.
- Click on Store settings and:
- Add your store name (this is the name that will be displayed on the site)
- Add your store description (this should be a short paragraph introducing customers to your brand and products)
- Add your own hardtofind. vanity URL in lower case (your store name without spaces, eg. storename)
- Choose your Gift wrapping options (if this box is ticked, customers will be able to select free gift wrap with a personal message at checkout)
- Select additional Shipping options. Please click here for special HTF shipping rates. Please note: all products must be advertised as free shipping to Australia (you may incorporate your shipping into your product margins). You can, however, offer additional options eg) express post, courier and/or other delivery zones, and charge accordingly.
- Enter your dispatch time frame in the box provided. This should be the maximum number of days it'll take to dispatch your orders. Please note: unless you sell personalised products, your dispatch time will be set to 1 business day. This means you'll need to ship your orders the same business day or next business day (if an order has come in late). Obviously, this doesn't apply to weekends - if you receive an order late on a Friday you have until Monday to ship it.
If you are unable to adhere to a 1-day dispatch and have a truly valid reason, please contact our Seller Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can make exceptions in certain cases and enable sellers to edit their dispatch time either at a store level or product level.
- Select whether you would like to put your whole store on sale. Here is where you can add a percentage discount to all your products with one easy click!
- Set a stock level alert for your products
- Select a category, age and gender group for your product range. Don't worry if all your products don’t fit into a particular group, this can be overridden at a product level.
- Click Save and continue
Please note: Unless you add a vanity URL, store description and dispatch time before clicking 'Save & continue', your changes won't save. Please also check that if you are copying and pasting copy from your own site, it doesn't format weirdly.