CONNECT YOUR STORE!
In order to sync your Hardtofind orders and inventory with your own system, we recommend connecting via our API.
To add a product variation:
- Go to your Products
- Click into the product you are wanting to add variations/stock levels to.
- Click on the Inventory & variations tab
- Select Yes to 'Are there variations for this product?'
- Select a saved variation from the drop down menu, eg 'colour'
- Once you've selected a saved variation, start typing the variations you want to add into the variation options text field and then select them from the drop-down menu. You may have to scroll through the list before you find the one you want. Please note: if you don't see the option you need, please email email@example.com.
- To add more than one variation menu, repeat steps 5 & 6.
To add a personalised field to a product eg) 'name':
- Click on Create personalised field
- Add a Personalised field label, eg) 'name of child' and a short explanation of the label eg) 'enter the child's name here, eg 'Emily''
- Enter a max number of characters, if applicable.
- If you have created a personalisation field that is optional, please un-check the required check box, otherwise customers will be forced to type something in each personalisation field before adding a product to their basket.
- Click Create personalised field.
Please note: Personalised fields should only be used for personalised products (for the customer to specify names or dates). If you offer set options (eg. sizes, colours, etc.), you need to set them up as a variation menu.
When you have finished adding your variation menus/personalised menus, click the green Save product variations button before continuing - the page will refresh.
You can then track inventory for each variation by entering stock levels. Please note: If you would like to track inventory for each variation, make sure you tick the check boxes in the 'Track inventory' column.
- Click into the price box next to each variation to adjust prices.
- Click Save & exit.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you include an image example of each variation and the variation name under each product image in the product details tab, so customers can tell which image relates to which variation.
4. Please then select the correlating image to each variation from the variant image drop-down menu in the inventory table:
Remember to hit 'save' at the bottom of the page when you've finished!
To view the variations you've just created:
- Select the Product details tab.
- Click on Preview at the bottom of the page. Please note: The preview will show the product as 'currently unavailable' until approved by hardtofind. admin. The customer cannot see the product before it goes live.
To remove an out-of-stock variation from your store:
- Go into your product listing and click on the Inventory & variations table.
- Scroll down to the Inventory table and click the little green eye on the left (it will turn red) - this ensures your variation is hidden from the website.
- Click Save & exit.
Alternatively, if you are tracking stock (by entering a stock level and ticking the track inventory box), the system will automatically hide a variation with 0 stock level.
Please do not delete the variation out of the variations tab, as this might remove the drop-down menu from the website altogether.